People and Culture Officer
Purpose of the position:
To implement WVT human resources functions related to Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), HR Analysis and Compensation as per WVT policies, procedures and in line with the Tanzanian labor laws.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Major Responsibilities: (please define in output format – 1- 7 things of what you expect to see as a result of this position):
(Accountabilities and results)
1 HRIS / Our People:
- Maintenance and updating of WVT HR data from the Our People (HRIS) system.
- Assist the People and Culture team and WVT staff on Our People super user with the administration of HR systems and process as required on the Our People (HRIS) system.
- Assist in preparation key reports from the Our People (HRIS) System for data quality assessment and other performance measures.
- Assists WVT staff with technical issues related to the use of from the Our People (HRIS) system’s ESS and MSS options.
2. HR Reporting and Analysis (P&C Scorecards, Dashboards & Surveys):
- Support the development of custom WVT P&C data metrics reports required by the division and P&C Division clients.
- Support the creation and monitoring of the various WVT P&C Score cards and Dash boards as required.
- Maintain the WVT P&C Division MS Excel Staff database sheet which are reconciled with WVT payroll data on Memory soft and Our People (HRIS) system for key WVT staff information (such as names, positions, office location, supervisors, department, Hay Grade, Salary, Academic & professional qualification, Performance Review Ratings, Contract & Probation periods, Date of birth, etc.).
- Collect inputs from the team on the monthly LEADER and P&C dashboard reports
- Assists P&C Leadership to create complex queries and analysis to provide P&C statistics for P&C management decision and advisory as needed.
- Support and Participate in the various WVT Employee Opinion Surveys as requested by the P&C Leadership.
3 Records Management and administration:
- Monthly Contract Management monitoring
- Onboarding of new staff on all P&C documentations
- Exit Management for leavers
- Support on OSHA activities coordination
- Manage email circulations of approved and standardized general staff communication
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents and correspondences ie subject files and Personal files and ensure all documents are properly filled
- Prepare certificate of services, certificate of awards etc
- Handle and circulate all confidential matters to respective divisions
- Scan all documents and send to the respective Departments
- Facilitate and coordinate workshops, meetings and other related logistics
- Handle visitors and direct them to the respective officers
- Make follow up of all payment sent to accounts
4 P&C Information Technology and Intranet page:
- Ensure appropriate and thorough archive and electronic file management within the WVT P&C intranet page is maintained and regularly updated.
- Serves as a liaison between the P&C Division and WVT Information Technology Departments to provide required information from P&C such as lotus notes e-mail accounts reconciliation to headcount.
- Participates in IT Status meetings for identification and resolution of issues and consideration and evaluation of potential system enhancements and upgrades for the P&C Division.
- Acts an assistant editor/publisher for the WVT P&C Division website and intranet to ensure consistency of information from P&C to all WVT.
5 Office facilities and utility management:
- Ensure office facilities are in good order and well maintained
- To raise requests for all office supplies on time, to make follow up on the purchases and ensure that the supplies are provided for the required purpose
- Oversee the cleaning within the division and ensure that the office premises are cleaned and maintained on time.
6 International and LC staff support (Temporary)
- Facilitate all international staff on permits, Visa, CTA, perdiems, refunds, allowances, e.t.c.
- Support Learning Centre staff
7 Facilitation of filling of forms (Annually)
- Facilitate and Coordinate all staff in signing various form and ensure proper documentation ie Child protection forms, self-disclosure, etc on annual basis
PROFILE: Core Capabilities: (proficiency levels; 1=developing 2 =proficient 3=advanced)
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other People & Culture duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required: Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration or related field.
Experience: 2 year in HR/HRIS, preferably in a multi-cultural environment.
Preferred: 2 to 3 years’ experience in HRIS practice
Technical Skills & Abilities:
Computer skills and High proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially strong skills in MS Excel and MS Access).
Have knowledge of payroll soft wares and HRIS systems.
Demonstrated ability to work without supervision.
Strong analytical, planning, organizational and problem solving skills
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
Sound knowledge of human resources principles and practices and the Tanzania Labor Laws.
Have a high degree of integrity and ethics to ensure employee information is secure and well protected.
Excellent communication skills and work well both independently or as members of a team.
Have the ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
Working knowledge of and experience in utilizing and creating databases and spreadsheets.
Have the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
Have the ability to solve problems related to computer system software and operations.
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
Travel 5% Domestic/international travel is required.
On call: 10%
CLICK HERE TO APPLY