Mechanical & Maintenance Engineer
Shugulika Africa Limited Tanzania
Job Description – Mechanical & Maintenance Engineer
A leading mining and fertilizer manufacturing company based near Babati, Manyara region (opposite Tarangire National Park) in Tanzania is looking to hire a Mechanical & Maintenance Engineer for the factory to ensure that all the machineries are running efficiently and optimally, regular and periodic maintenance schedules are drawn up and adhered to.
- To ensure machineries are running efficiently and optimally
- To ensure regula and periodic maintenance schedules are drawn up and adhered to and troubleshoot faulty machinery and repair faulty equipment.
- Document each maintenance and repair session hence allowing other mechanical maintenance technicians on different shifts to see what has and hasn’t been done.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA standards for employee safety
- Ensure no down time due to mechanical failures during production hours of fertilizer.
- Create and implement maintenance standard operating procedures based on specific machine knowledge
- Perform mechanical repairs using hand and power tools
- Collaborate with other mechanical maintenance technicians to solve complex mechanical issues
- To train employees to carry out various functions.
- Keep an organized daily log of all machine maintenance and repairs
- Candidate must have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and over 1- years of experience in manufacturing industry.
- Should also be well conversant with repairs and maintenance of machineries, compressors, generators, conveyors and other equipments.
- Excellent problem-solving capacity, with demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities.