Head Engineering Services
A leading mining and fertilizer manufacturing company based near Babati, Manyara region (opposite Tarangire National Park) in Tanzania is looking to hire a Head Engineering Services to head the entire Engineering department and line managers and ensure there are no down times in production due to mechanical or electrical problems.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering teams as well as the management and execution of site development projects against delivery commitments and project plans
- Responsible for the planning, management, execution and implementation of site projects, inclusive of the day-to-day project management, scope management, issue and risk management, as well as regular status reporting
- In charge of the management of the department’s staffing, resources, and mentoring, and maintaining a best-in-class engineering department.
- Provide technical guidance and direction, as well as hands-on resource and project management and resolve any issues with regards to mechanical and electrical engineering and heavy equipments.
- Take the lead with a profound understanding of new and relevant technologies for the purpose of realizing efficiency.
- Ensure the optimal application of engineering resources (electricity, mechanical and heavy equipments) in order to meet product development and consumer requirements.
- Work closely with senior engineering teams in the management and development of strategic planning.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical and Electrical engineering and over 20 years of experience in a fertilizer or related mineral processing manufacturing plant with heavy equipments.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving capacity, with demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities.