A leading mining and fertilizer manufacturing company based near Babati, Manyara region (opposite Tarangire National Park) in Tanzania is looking to hire a Factory Manager who will be responsible for heading the factory operations as well as mining (open mine) and ensure the plans are properly maintained and production is optimized.
- To plan raw materials, spares and consumables on a timely basis.
- Developing and implementing innovative strategies to streamline factory and mining operations.
- Supervise the factory and mining operations and ensure smooth running of day-to-day operations.
- Screening, recruiting, and training new factory workers
- Collaborating with quality control managers to establish and execute quality control processes.
- Ensure proper efficiencies in use of electricity, furnace oil, raw materials and equipment
- Ensure factory machinery is in good working order.
- Preparing production reports and submitting them to management.
- Regularly inspecting finished products to determine whether they meet established quality standards.
- Motivating factory workers to continually achieve factory targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Process and Chemical Engineering preferably with an MBA degree and over 20 years of experience in a manufacturing industry preferably as a Head in a Fertilizer Factory or related field.
- Proven experience in a managerial or supervisory role within a factory.
- Sound knowledge of industry-specific factory equipment.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.