About us- The School of St Jude is an educational institution, entirely funded by charitable donations, that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha. Objectives -To be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. -The successful candidate will be able to assist to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
Reporting To: Head of Department – Purchasing.
Location Purchasing Office (although based at Moshono Campus, this role occasional days in town and at all campuses)
Key responsibilities & tasks
- Assists in overseeing the purchasing of food and supplies at various locations around Arusha on a daily basis for all campuses
- Conducting risk assessment and coming up with internal control measures on inventory management and the entire procurement process.
- Assist to overseeing and conduct general shopping as required for other Departments of the School
- Sourcing competitive suppliers based on quality, price and efficiency for all sections of the school
- Conduct procurement audits in accordance with internal controls and general professional procurement practices.
- Assist in Sourcing new suppliers and comparing prices
- Conducting regular supplier reviews to ensure value for money and quality supplies.
- Ensuring accurate purchasing data on a daily basis, captured and processed accurately before it is submitted to accounts payable office.
- Create contracts where appropriate and assist in preparing and implementing tenders as need arises
- Setting up goods receiving departments at all campuses. Managing the goods receiving process
- Perform monthly inventory valuation of all store items in main and sub location stores as per guidance from the Accounts.
- Assists to oversee other purchasing staff reviewing their work regularlyAssist in conducting regular reviews of pricing and making sure the school is getting the best available price
- Managing stock inventory in the school, across all campuses and all departments and reviewing usage of inventory
- Periodically suggest improvements to the departments’ procedures and submit to supervisor for approval.
- Participate in House Checks as requested by Community Relations team.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Head of Department, Manager and Deputy Director and the Employer.
Child Protection Accountability:
To ensure that all members of your department/s understand the school’s Child Protection Policy by having at least two internal discussions/meetings in addition to the annual Child Protection Officer refresher courses run by the Community Relations team.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure all purchasing requests are completed within an appropriate time-frame
- Ensure all accounts and other documentation is clear, concise and completed in the agreed time-frame
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers and source new suppliers for competitive prices
- Process improvement
- Assist with forecasting and forward planning
- Implement bulk purchasing where appropriate
- Making sure all stock goes through good received and ensuring suppliers deliver on their promises.
- Improve inventory controls for each campus and each department
Qualifications & Key
- Bachelor degree in procurement, supply chain and logistics, must be CPSP qualification as recognized by PSPT Board, Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills both oral and written.
- Proficient in use of MS Word and Excel.
- Good at managing a team effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to react with common sense and urgency if required, to solve purchasing problems.
- Hard working, focused, patient and tolerant.
- Fit and healthy.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work well under pressure and think on your feet.
- Possess strength and drive, patience and tolerance and practicality whilst being efficient.
How To Apply
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Applications should be sent by 10th March 2020. SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Other Recruitment Information: ORIGINAL EDUCATION CERTIFICATES MUST BE PRESENTED DURING THE INTERVIEW FOR SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES.
Child Protection: Disclaimer WE ABIDE BY A STRICT CHILD PROTECTION POLICY AND DO NOT TOLERATE ANY ABUSE!